Moxie Sozo is a world-class, independent branding agency located in Boulder, Colorado with accounts ranging from energetic start-ups to international established brands. We believe that art is everything any brand aspires to be: loved, shared, emotional, valuable, connective, and memorable.
WHAT WE WANT
We’ll know it when we see it. We are an equal opportunity employer and foster an inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on the different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives our team members bring to the table. That’s why we consider agency experience a plus, not a requirement.
We’re seeking a creative thinker and problem solver who can communicate with a wide range of people. This person has impeccable organizational skills. They’re a natural leader with an insatiable curiosity. Someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets things done with a smile on their face. Someone who’s perpetually dissatisfied with the status quo. Someone who wants to work with like-minded fanatics and learn from the best.
We are looking for a highly talented Design Manager who is passionate about working in a creative environment.
In this role, you’ll work closely with two Creative Directors, support two teams of designers, and manage day-to-day deadlines. This position offers growth opportunities while requiring reliability, dedication, and empathy. We are obsessive about our work and expect you to be the same about yours.
- Work closely with two Creative Directors to help them focus on what they want to do more of – create art
- Handle managerial tasks for two Creative teams including, but not limited to, schedules, workloads & annual reviews
- Evaluate upcoming deadlines across all projects
- Perform regular 1:1 check-ins with Designers
- Point of contact for the Accounts team
- Safeguards set procedures while continuing to improve them
- Stays abreast of issues and raises concerns to the Creative Directors, the CCO, and/or the Accounts team
- Set up and help run internal meetings, taking notes and following up on action-items
- Coordinate team outings and help with company morale
- Regularly updating internal agency information website
- Coordinating onboarding & training for new hires
- Supports agency directives
- Extremely organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and lives for the details
- Creative & passionate problem-solver
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to build and nurture strong working relationships
- Adept at using modern project management and communication tools such as ClickUp and Slack
- Proficient in Google Suite & Microsoft Office Suite
- Takes initiative and helps improve processes
- Professional in appearance and style
- Self-starter who can take accountability and ownership of projects
- Positive, upbeat, happy approach to work and life
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
To apply for this position, send us an email with:
- “Job Application: Design Manager” in the subject
- Cover letter – tell us why you’d be a good fit at Moxie Sozo
- Availability to start
- References will be required at a later stage
- Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note: We offer healthcare benefits, PTO, company holidays, and a kickball team membership